LT6 Sports turf is designed to withstand the wear and tear inflicted on sports pitches, from rugby stadiums, football pitches and training grounds, to racecourses and school pitches.
LT6 is a turf with ryegrass as the main constituent, yet with a strong presence of smoothed stalked meadow grass, valuable for wear and recovery in a difficult winter. Once in play, the fescue element will reduce allowing the smooth stalked meadow grass to increase to a level dictated by the management regime.
LT6 has a high rye content making it a good choice in some landscaping situations such as high wear areas in the gardens, children play areas etc.
We also use LT6 in shade situations. Used in conjunction with our molasses based organic fertiliser, which will aid with retention of moisture and nutrients. This combination has successfully helped when trying to combat and alleviate shade challenges. When managing shade, it is also key to keep the grass longer, keep well-watered & spiking the area to increase air movement can also help.
LT6 Sports turf is available in several formats:
- Standard turf – cost effective sports surfaces on well-drained soil/sandy loam profiles. Establishment time: 7-8 weeks
- Washed turf – LT6 is harvested as a mature, washed turf. It is used for new sports surfaces constructed with high specification sand profile or fibre reinforced rootzone. Establishment time: 3-5 weeks dependant on temperature.
- Fibre Reinforced Lindum Lokturf – LT6 is grown into an imported Loksand crimped reinforced Rootzone, harvested as a 40mm thick turf. With benefits including improved wear tolerance, rapid drainage properties, reduced devoting and increased load baring, it is used for replacement or repairs on existing fibre reinforced rootzones and is also suitable for grass car parking, fire access roads and walkways. Establishment time: 2-3 days.
- Thick Rootzone turf – LT6 can be custom grown in an imported sand/soil Rootzone and harvested at up to 40mm thickness. It can be used instantly and is compatible with existing rootzones. It can be grown to order for replacement of whole pitches during playing season. Establishment time: 2-3 days.
- Hard wearing
- Quick recovery
- Disease resistant
- Sports pitches
- Racecourses and equestrian
- Turf for high wear landscaping
- 30% Perennial Ryegrass
- 30% Perennial Ryegrass
- 25% Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass
- 15% Slender Creeping Red Fescue
- Standard rolls: 1 square metre
- Large rolls: 0.73m or 1.05m x 28m
- Final thickness: 15-20mm
- 15-20KG per square metre depending on saturation
Specification Guidance Notes:
- Turf to comply with the TGA (Turf Grass Growers Association) Standard and BS3969
- The turf soil should be of sandy loam nature with no stones.
- The grass will be dense, of uniform green colour, free from broadleaved weeds and not visibly affected by pest of disease.
Cookie and Privacy Settings