A great choice when aesthetics and hard wearing is important. Also when a rye-based turf is not a preferred option.
LT4 is a popular choice with greenkeepers. It’s a quality mixture of smooth stalked meadow grass and 70 % fescues, combines appearance with hard wearing properties and fast recovery. The smooth stalk runs consistently through the turf and the quick regrowth from rhizomes make it an excellent alternative to 100% fescue on wear areas.
LT4 has been successfully used on tees and fairways on all types of golf courses across the nation.
Aiming for an ornamental lawn? This may be the one.
LT4 has a fine appearance from the high fescue content and quick regrowth from the rhizomes of smooth stalk which will certainly help when maintaining a fine grass.
This is the time to consider if the ground is suitable for a fine lawn. The soil must be free draining and sandy. To keep this lawn in tip top condition it will require a good knowledge of lawn maintenance and require regular treatments. If these requirements sound unsuitable would LT7 Festival be a better choice?
- Fine appearance
- Hard wearing
- Quick regrowth from rhizomes
- Golf courses
- Fine ornamental garden
- 30% Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass
- 35% Slender Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Chewings Fescue
- 15% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
- Standard rolls: 1 square metre
- Large rolls: 0.73m or 1.05m x 28m
- Final thickness: 15-20mm
- 15-20KG per square metre depending on saturation
Specification Guidance Notes:
- Turf to comply with the TGA (Turf Grass Growers Association) Standard and BS3969
- The turf soil should be of sandy loam nature with no stones.
- The grass will be dense, of uniform green colour, free from broadleaved weeds and not visibly affected by pest of disease.
Cookie and Privacy Settings