Flat surfaces, slopes and hills
The surface must be as even and solid as possible.
The material in the ground should allow for good growth for the grass. If the area has natural grass but the ground is too compacted, aerate the entire surface to ensure a successful installation. Add sand 0-4mmand mix with the aerated soil afterwards.
If you build from scratch ideally the top 100 mm will be a 50/50 mix of soil and sand 0-4 mm.
The surface should be solid, If the surface is too soft the surface will be uneven during the installation from walking and anchoring the installation pins. When you walk on it your foot should not sink in the ground. A footprint is ok since CoverLawn® will protect the surface when the rolls are in place. The surface should be so solid that when you walk on it the footprint depth is max 5 mm.
Leave top dress 5 kg /m2 that you need after the installation. Sand size 0-4 mm.
1. Prepare the area by cutting the existing grass to the lowest sword height possible.
2. Position the CoverLawn, turf iron side one and fold back the turf.
3. Pin the entire length of side one with the biodegradable pins and replace the turf.
4. Stretch the CoverLawn to measure the next required furrow and turf iron side two.
5. Working along the length, stretch the CoverLawn to maximum tension and pin.
6. Bury and pin side three of the CoverLawn then replace the turf.
7. Repeat step six for the last remaining side.
8. Pin the middle section of the CoverLawn ensuring no loose areas.
+44 (0) 1565 723 128
© 2019 All Turf all rights reserved.
All Turf Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04726357 and VAT number 824740237.