If immediate use of the CoverLawn is required it is essential to keep control and avoid as much as possible during the integration process.
1. Soil contact: After installation top up CoverLawn with top dressing 0-4 mm to enable a solid contact between the soil and CoverLawn in order to enhance the integration. If you have rain or heavy loads before the grass has started to grow, your top dressing may subside in the soil and small cavities may occur under CoverLawn.
2. Inspection: Supervise CoverLawn frequently 2-3 times per week ensure good soil contact.
3. Action: Top up with top dressing when the reinforcement has lost soil contact.
4. Growth: If it is hot weather and you don’t have access to a sprinkler then manual watering is needed. If the weather is too cold you must cover the surface with a suitable cover.
1. Start to mow the grass after approximately 10 days. You will see when it iss ready to mow. You can control integration status by pulling the CoverLawn and see how grass and CoverLawn are united.
2. You will see when integration is ongoing and completed. CoverLawn will visually disappear when the natural grass takes over. If you pull CoverLawn and you can feel the grass is holding then integration is in progress. When CoverLawn is integrated it will be firmly connected with the grass and you can’t pull it up.
Note: If you use a manual rotation mower the surface must be flat. If you use a ride on mower the integration should be completed before mowing. Use a manual mower until integration is ready.
Maintenance after integration completed:
1. Basic rule is maintenance as usual. Though ‘CoverLawn’ have 2 limitations.
1. Verticuing damages the ‘CoverLawn’ reinforcement.
2. Piping with hole pipes may damage pipes and reinforcement.
2. Use solid pipes and the pipe movement must be vertical.
If you have low growth of grass the surface will be reinforced by the ‘CoverLawn’ only. The sensitive period is during integration between grass and ‘CoverLawn’. By disadvantageous conditions you must support the growth to get a successful integration and a solid surface reinforcement.